Honestly, I just stole this idea. I was visiting another blog (elevate ideas) and she had a list like this and I felt so inspired! It’s funny because my two littlest one and my niece and I were floating and swimming in the pool this afternoon and I was telling them what I loved most about each season and summer is my favorite!
- I love the smell of sweat in my little boys’ hair as I kiss them good-night.
- The sound of my kids playing together in their room.
- The sound of my teenagers laughing as they read together.
- The way the hot, dry sun bakes down on my skin and it feels like God is kissing me.
- The smell of the salty ocean air as it blows through my hair.
- Sitting on my front porch in the evening and listening to the frogs calling and searching for just the right mate.
- The flowers…oh I do love the flowers.
- And hummingbirds! Just the sight of them brings a smile to my face.
- Long days that seem like they could last forever but end it a brilliant sunset that makes me gasp from its beauty.
- Fireflies. They signal to one another…searching…
- Warm rain falling on my head as I walk outside in a summer shower. I always stop to look up and let the warm drops hit me in the face. They wash the worries away.
- A quick thunderstorm. We sit together on our front porch watching it. snuggled in blankets to stay warm and dry.
- I love my garden in full summer. The food it gives in abundance for our family daily.
- Talking in quiet tones on the front porch with my husband after the kids are in bed.
- The smell of fresh cut grass. The smell fills my soul with life.
What do you love about summer? I know I could keep going.